Friday, March 22, 2013

Back to Blogging



Well, it has been over a year since my last blog entry...

I haven't even been perusing other blogs (except of course when I get sidetracked on Pinterest). I have really missed all of you and keeping up with your creative endeavors. This year, I have made a resolution to narrow my focus and TRY to concentrate on doing less but doing it better! Another resolution is to get back to blogging and focusing on my website.

It has been a busy time for me. After renovating the little church and turning it into fifteen shops, it has been a whirlwind of marketing, promotions, and the general duties of running a business. The new location has been open now for a year and a half and I think this is our year to really bloom. The shops are doing great and we are so fortunate to have such a wonderful group of creative women as shop owners.

On the homefront, we bought a 1954 Chevy pick up truck. Her name is "Pearl" (photos coming in a later post). Then we did a kitchen renovation which led to freshening up the entire house with new hardwood floors, wainscotting, beadboard,  painting most of the rooms, and all of the doors and trim.  I never want to paint another door...EVER!

Somewhere in there I have managed to work on my hand dyed vintage slipdresses and jewelry line.  I am preparing for some shows this summer. I am super excited to be showing my wares at Old Glory Antiques Fair in June. If you are out in Colorado, please stop by and say hello.  I have also been  concentrating on getting my studio organized and my website fully functional. I am so excited about the look of the website that was designed by Catherine at Avalon Rose Designs. Her designs are AMAZING!



I hope this finds you well and the past year has been good to you. I look forward to catching up with each and every one of you!

No comments: